Publication Ethics of Current Applied Science and Technology (CAST)
The editorial team of Current Applied Science and Technology journal (CAST) is committed to uphold the best practices and maintain the high level of integrity in the content published in this journal and to prevent malpractices. If plagiarism is found, the COPE guidelines on plagiarism will be followed. All parties involved in the act of publishing such as authors, editors and reviewers must agree to the following ethical behaviors:
Ethical practices for articles publishing in CAST are as follows:
- Only original research articles and academic articles will be accepted.
- Articles which are duplicated or/and plagiarized (including contents like figures, tables, data, etc.) cannot be accepted.
- Submissions from authors from diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
- The procedures set for publishing in the journal, beginning from paper acceptance, to peer review, paper publishing, and dissemination are strictly followed.
- The responsibility for environmental concern to take the journal "green", including taking actions to reduce printed materials are considered.
- Confidentiality of the work submitted for publication must be upheld by the editorial team and the peer reviewers.
Ethics of Authors
The authors should ensure that the submitted manuscripts written followed the ethical practices of original submissions accuracy, acknowledgement of information sources and of declaration of financial support and conflict of interest (if any). Please note that-
- Articles are entirely original works in good English with sufficient information and suitable citations and must not be published before.
- Articles should be presented the accurately, clearly and honestly results without personal opinions, fabrication, falsification, plagiarism, ghost authorship, or inappropiate data manipulation. The authors are responsible for their submitted articles in terms of matching it with the aims and scope of CAST, the format indicated by CAST, completeness, acknowledging sources, preventing plagiarism (including self-plagiarism), and also including the names of all authors who have contributed to the submitted work.
- The authors must not do a duplicate submission.
- The corresponding author has to sign the copyright transfer agreement and submit to the editor.
- The corresponding author contributes warrant that the article is original and unpublished.
- The authors of published articles have to take responsibility for any scientific mistakes and plagiarisms.
- Ethical issues must be upheld in all aspects of the research process. Authors should provide information regarding the ethics clearance of their research if needed.
- The authors need to work along with CAST editorial requirements and edit their work as needed. In case of any conflict or problem in editing the manuscript, the author should inform the editor of CAST immediately.
Ethics of Reviewers
All articles submitted to CAST will undergo a process of editorial review and peer review. Reviewers should have suitable expertise in the relevant field and evaluate a manuscript without any conflict of interest. The peer reviewers are urged to follow the ethical practices of confidentiality, objectivity, and declaration of conflict of interest (if any). Reviewers should assist the editor in making a proper decision as well as advise the editor in case of possible misconduct associated with plagiarism, data fabrication and/or falsification, duplicate submission, ghost authorship, or citation manipulation. Please note that-
- All submissions undergo a double blind peer review process.
- Reviewers are selected based on their suitable expertise in the relevant field.
- Reviewers must not use data disclosed through the review process for their own benefit without the permission of the authors.
- If there is a problem such as conflict of interest or any links with the reviewed paper, the reviewer must address this issue by informing the Editor.
- If a reviewer feels that it is not possible for him/her to complete the task within stipulated time, this information must be informed to the editor so that the manuscript could be sent to another reviewer.
Ethics of Editors
The editors of CAST journal are encouraged to follow the ethical practices of confidentiality, objectivity and declaration of conflict of interest (if any). Please note that-
- The editorial board is selected on the basis of their expertise and diversity.
- All members of the editorial team must uphold the ethical principles in decisions related to CAST journal.
- The editors will select three reviewers who have expertise in relevant field and do not have any conflict of interest with the authors for reviewing process. If any issues and/or conflicts arise, these would be addressed in a professional manner.
The manuscript will be accepted for publication by at least two reviewers’ acceptance. The editors are responsible for a final decision on publication when the authors have already revised their work according to the reviewers’ comments and sent the copyright transfer agreement. The journal accepts original or innovation research articles and will not accept articles which have been published elsewhere.
Intellectual property is seriously concerned by the journal. On submission, all manuscripts are screened using the software ‘Turnitin’ which is supported by King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang. If plagiarism (higher than 30% of similarity) is suspected, the editors will immediately inform the authors of the rejection. If plagiarism is proven after publication, the article will be retracted from the journal. The editors will contact all the authors’ institutions to explain the retraction of article and the authors’ behaviors. The event of retraction will also be officially announced as soon as possible in the journal website.