Nursing Care Outcomes of Electrocardiography in Postmenopausal women, Menopause clinic, Srinagarind Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University

Authors

  • Aunejit Panthongviriyakul
  • Songkwan Silaruks
  • Kesorn Laounka
  • Choowong Pongchaiyakul
  • Prapapan Tharaksa
  • Temsiri Sripo

Abstract

Background and Objectives: Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death among women; the risk may increase after menopause. EKG is a basic, useful diagnostic tool to define the abnormalities of heart function. Previously, the data about EKG characteristics of menopausal women from menopausal clinic, Srinagarind Hospital, Khon Kaen University has not been studied.

Method: This is descriptive study by collecting data about the EKG findings in menopausal women,  menopausal clinic, Srinagarind Hospital, Khon Kaen University. The data were then analyzed into number and percentage.

Results: An average age of subjects was 55.4 ± 5.2 years. Most were married, Bachelor's degree or graduated from the elementary school level. The majority lived in the city of Khon Kaen province. Health benefit coverage was the direct payment system. The results of the ECG were 91.84 percent with normal EKG; the other 8.16 percent had EKG-LVH (95% CI: 3.59-15.45).  

Conclusion: Of 98 postmenopausal women who visited at menopausal clinic and recorded an EKG test during the year 2549-2553, most of them had normal EKG, 8 subjects had EKG-LVH, which might be needed for further evaluation.

Keywords: Nursing care outcome, electrocardiogram, menopausal women

Downloads

How to Cite

1.
Panthongviriyakul A, Silaruks S, Laounka K, Pongchaiyakul C, Tharaksa P, Sripo T. Nursing Care Outcomes of Electrocardiography in Postmenopausal women, Menopause clinic, Srinagarind Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University. SRIMEDJ [Internet]. 2013 Oct. 30 [cited 2024 Apr. 21];26(3):191-5. Available from: https://li01.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/SRIMEDJ/article/view/12805