Main Article Content
Background and Objective: Obesity is a hralth problem found throughout the world and could lead to subsequent complications. Nowadays, people are more interested in exercise to maintain and improve their health as a result of the support from social media, which make an attention of being healthy. The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of seven-minute exercise program on the fat percentage in the obese women.
Materials and methods: Fifty female volunteers with body mass index (BMI) ≥ 25 kg/m2 were divided into two groups; exercise with seven-minute exercise program (n=25) and control groups (n=25). All participants were measured the percentage of fat, BMI and waist circumference at before and after 6 weeks period.
Results: Seven-minute exercise program could decrease the percentage of fat (10.72%), weight (7.10%), BMI (7.10%) and waist circumference (4.12%) significantly when compared to the control group before and after exercise in six weeks. (p<0.05).
Conclusions: Seven-minute workout for 6 weeks could reduce the percentage of weight, BMI and waist circumference in obese females.
2. World Health Organization (WHO). Global database on body mass index an interactive surveillance tool for monitoring nutrition transition. 2011 [cited Sep 21, 2016]. Available from: http://apps.who.int/bmi/index.jsp
3. American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM’s guideline for exercise testing and prescription. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2006.
4. Brett K, Chris J. High intensity circuit training using body weight. ACSMs Health Fit J 2013; 17: 8-13. doi: 10.1249/FIT.0b013e31828cb1e8.
5. Miller MB, Pearcey GE, Cahill F, McCarthy H, Stratton SB, Noftall JC, et.al. The effect of a short-term high-intensity circuit training program on work capacity, body composition, and blood profiles in sedentary obese men: a pilot study. Biomed Res Int. 2014; 191797. doi: 10.1155/2014/191797.
6. Ha CH, So WY. Effects of combined exercise training on body composition and metabolic syndrome factors. Iran J Public Health 2012; 41: 20-6.
7. Ossanloo P, Najar L, Zafari A. The effect of combined training (aerobic dance, step exercise and resistance training) on body fat percents and lipid profiles in secondary females AL_ZAHRA University. Euro J Exp Bio 2012; 2: 1598-602
8. Schmidt D, Anderson K, Graff M, Strutz V. The effect of high-intensity circuit training on physical fitness. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 2016; 56: 534-40.
9. Paoli A, Pacelli QF, Moro T, Marcolin G, Neri M, Battaglia G, et.al. Effects of high-intensity circuit training, low-intensity circuit training and endurance training on blood pressure and lipoproteins in middle-aged overweight men. Lipids Health Dis. 2013; 12: 131. doi: 10.1186/1476-511X-12-131.
10. Heydari M, Freund J, Boutcher SH. The effect of high-intensity intermittent exercise on body composition of overweight young males. J Obes 2012; 1-8. doi: 10.1155/2012/480467.
11. Rimpeekool W, Yiengprugsawan V, Kirk M, Banwell C, Seubsman SA, Sleigh A, Nutrition label experience, obesity, high blood pressure, and high blood lipids in a cohort of 42,750 Thai adults. PLoS One. Dec 13, 2017;12: e0189574. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0189574.
12. Suttikomin W, Leelahagul P, Khamvang S, Chaimongkol C, Chaiwut N. Obesity and serum uric acid in secondary school-age students of srinagarindra the princess mother school, Phayao, Thailand. Indian J Public Health. 2018; 62: 133-137. doi: 10.4103/ijph.IJPH_117_17.
13. Mongkol S. The effect of obesity on respiratory and cardiovascular system. Bull Chiang Mai Assoc Med Sci 2012; 45: 10-6. (in Thai)
14. Perry CG, Heigenhauser GJ, Bonen A, Spriet LL. High-intensity aerobic interval training increases fat and carbohydrate metabolic capacities in human skeletal muscle. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 2008; 33: 1112-23. doi: 10.1139/H08-097.
15. Shishkova A, Petrova P, Tonev A, Bahlova P, Softov O, Kalchev E. Analysis of body composition in overweight and obese women using bioimpedance (BIA) system. J of IMAB 2007; 13: 8-12.
16. Boutcher SH. High-intensity intermittent exercise and fat loss. J Obes. 2011; 1-10. doi: 10.1155/2011/868305.
17. Park SK, Park JH, Kwon YC, Kim HS, Yoon MS, Park HT. The effect of combined aerobic and resistance exercise training on abdominal fat in obese middle-aged women. J Physiol Anthropol Appl Human Sci 2003; 22: 129-35.
18. Trapp EG, Chisholm DJ, Freund J, Boutcher SH. The effects of high-intensity intermittent exercise training on fat loss and fasting insulin levels of young women. Int J Obes (Lond). 2008; 32: 684-91. doi: 10.1038/sj.ijo.0803781.
19. Takakura R, Masayoshi K, Tsubota Y. The effects of a short term high-intensity circuit training exercise in university students. Int J Physiother 2015; 2: 602-9. doi: 10.15621/ijphy/2015/v2i4/67739.
20. Sijie T, Hainai Y, Fengying Y, Jianxiong W. High intensity interval exercise training in overweight young women. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 2012; 52: 255-62.
21. Kong Z, Fan X, Sun S, Song L, Shi Q, Nie J. Comparison of high-intensity interval training and moderate-to-vigorous continuous training for cardiometabolic health and exercise enjoyment in obese young women: a randomized controlled trial. PLoS One 2016; 11: e0158589. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0158589.