Main Article Content
Background and objective: Conventional instruments used in SILC revealed instruments conflict and difficulty in Calot’s triangle dissection, this research aimed to study results of TILC by handmade glove port and additional trocar to correct problem and limitation of SILC.
Method: This was a retrospective study.Collected data of gallstone disease patients operated by TILC by handmade glove port and additional trocar at Mahasarakham hospital between 1 July - 31 December 2020.
Results: Total 30 patients included 11 males and 19 females, mean age was 52.4 years old, mostly age between 50-60 years old.Mean body mass index was 24.14 kilogram/meter2, operative time was 43.27 minutes, blood loss from operation was 7.17 milliliters, length of hospital stay was 2.07 day, pain score at 24 hour post operation assessed by visual analogue scale was 1.83 and treatment cost was 26,249.35 Bahts.No perioperative, 4th and 12th week post operative complication. No instruments conflict, usable conventional instruments, wider surgical angulation and more convenience in Calot’s triangle dissection than SILC.
Conclusion: TILC by handmade glove port and additional trocar was efficacy, able to correct problem and limitation of SILC with the same conventional instrument.
2. Mori T, Ikeda Y, Okamoto K, Sakata K, Ideguchi K, Nakagawa K et al. A new technique for two-trocar laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Surg Endosc 2002; 16: 589-91.
3. Podolsky ER, Rottman SJ, Poblete H, King SA, Curcillo PG. Single port access (SPA) cholecystectomy: A completely transumbilical approach. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2009; 19: 219-22.
4. Khantasa-ard P. Comparative Study between Single Incision Transumbilical and Standard 3-port Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. J Dep Med Serv 2019; 44(4): 112-8.
5. Khantasa-ard P. Single Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Using Hand-made Glove Port. Srinagarind Med J 2020; 35: 649-55.
6. Ko YS,Yoon SY, Han HJ, Yim TW, Song TJ.A new glove port for single incision procedure.Ann Surg Treat Res 2015;89(5):284-6.
7. Khiangte E, Newme I, Patowary K, Kalita H.Single-Port Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Using the Innovative E.K. Glove Port: Our Experience.International Scholarly Research Notices 2012.(Cited June 29,2020). Available from : http://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/2012/697946/
8. Hayashi M, Asakuma M, Komeda K, Miyamoto Y, Hirokawa F, Tanigawa N. Effectiveness of a surgical glove port for single port surgery.World J Surg 2010;34(10):2487-9.
9. Kameyama N, Mae Y,Yahagi M, Inomata K, Takesue T, Akiyama Y. Single port laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Poster Presented at the SAGES 2017 Annual Meeting in Houston, TX.(Cited June 29,2020). Available from : http://www.sages.org/meetings/annual-meeting/abstracts-archive/the-benefits-of-our-glove-method-for-single-port-laparoscopic-cholecystectomy/
10. Alireza B. A novel technique for single port laparoscopic cholecystectomy:glove port technique Med J Tabriz Univ 2011;33(5):23-7.
11. Pariwattanasak J. Comparative Study between Modified Two-incision and Standard Four-Port Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. Srinagarind Med J 2012; 25: 2-7.
12. Abaid RA, Cecconello I, Zilberstein B. Simplified laparoscopic cholecystectomy with two incisions. Arq Bras Cir Dig 2014; 27: 154-6.
13. Shehata MA, Ebeid AE, El Attar AA. Two-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy performed via the “marionette” technique versus conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy in pediatrics. Ann Pediatr Surg 2020; 16.(Cited Jan 1,2021). Available from : https://doi.org/10.11861s43159-019-0014-8/
14. Lipka M, Drozdowski P, Smyczek D, Drozdowska A. Two-sites incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Polish Ann Med 2014; 21: 96-102.
15. Wroblewski TM, Piotrowicz S, Ziarkiewicz-Wroblewska B, Krawczyk M. Technique of double incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy (DILCH) as an alternative to SILS. Rev Port Cir 2010; 12:61-3.
16. Rajkhowa K, Gogoi M, Saikia I. Two versus Three Ports Technique for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: A Randomized Comparative Study. Int J Sci Stud 2016; 4: 173-5.
17. Leow VM, Faizah MS, Sharifudin SM, Letchumanan VP, Yang KF, Manisekar KS. Two-incision three-port laparoscopic cholecystectomy: A feasible and safe technique. Med J Malaysia 2014; 69: 129-32.
18. Prathanvanich P, Tharavej C, Udomsawaengsup S, Pungpapong S, Navicharern P. A prospective cohort study for simple new technique two-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Poster Presented at the SAGES 2010 Annual Meeting.(Cited Jan 1,2021). Available from : https://www.sages.org/meetings/annual-meeting/abstracts-archive/?meeting=2010/
19. Xu Y, Wang A, Dai Q, Fang Z, Li Z. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy with two incisions: an improved, feasible and safe technique with the superior cosmetic outcomes. J Int Med Res 2020; 48: 1-8.
20. Abaid RA, Zilberstein B. Two-Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Reducing scars in a Simple Way. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2018; 28: 7-12.
21. Zhang HF, Lu CL, Gao Y, Chen DF, Wang WJ. Modified transumbilical laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Double-incision, triple-port access. Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 2013; 22: 84-8.
22. Khan G, Islam MI, Shah Z, Hyder SH, Khan Z, Sadia HJ. Single incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy versus two incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Med channel 2017; 23: 26-30.