Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Manuscript preparation and submission
Princess of Naradhiwas University
Editorial board of Journal of Princess of Naradhiwas University would like to invite all members and interested persons to submit academic or research articles related to medicine, science and technology, nursing, agriculture and technology, engineering, and vocational training for publication. The submitted works must be completed within 5 years and never published or in the process of being published in other journals when accepted for publication. The editorial board reserves the right to modify the manuscript for its appropriateness and to meet the criteria set by the editorial board. The author must be a member of the Princess of Naradhiwas University Journal.
Types of submissions
- Research articles in relation to science and technology, nursing, agriculure and technology, engineering, and vocational training.
- Academic articles in relation to science and technology, nursing, agriculture and technology, engineering, and vocational training
In case of a thesis / dissertation, a letter of recommendation signed by the principal advisor as well as a master/doctoral student is required.
- Review articles, special articles, and miscellany
Research / Academic articles preparation guidelines
- The manuscript must be printed using a computer program MS Word 97/03 for Windows. Use Dillenia New font, size 16. Print in a single page in A4 paper. Make 2.54 cm margins on the top, bottom, and right side. And make 3.17 cm margin on the left side. Number of pages is 12 in total excluding references. The reference lists are up to 40. Page numbers must be indicated in all pages.
- Thai and English titles must be printed in a middle of the first page with a font size of 18.
- Author's name must be printed in Thai and English, under the title, align the right side of the paper with the font size of 14 regular letters. Specify the number as the superscript in order to show details about affiliations and e-mail address of all authors as a footnote in the first page.
- Name of author’s affiliation must be printed in Thai and English in the first page. Make the font size of 12. Specify a primary affiliation, followed by a main affiliation, respectively, as well as e-mail (at least for the corresponding author). Display this info and all authors’ name as a footnote on the first page.
- Abstract (Thai and English) is up to 250 words, and 20 lines
- Key word are both in Thai and English (3-5 words)
- Sequence of topics: heading must be on the left edge. Sub-heading is spaced 3-5 letters from the heading. The same sub-heading must be the same font size, and level. Beginning of a new heading must be spaced one more lines.
- Use Arabic numbers, and universal abbreviations (giving the full term of the first time mention). An example of an English parentheses is “(Student centered learning)”.
- Manuscript components of research articles
9.2 Introduction to the research significance, conceptual framework, and research objectives.
9.4 Research methodology includes the research design, sample acquisition and sample size, research tools and its quality, data collection, as well as data analysis.
9.5 Research results present clear findings following the research objectives. Tables/charts/figures are included.
9.6 Discussion describes the linkages of research findings to conceptual framework, and previous studies. The linkage of all studied variables should be elaborated.
9.8 Suggestions for applying research results, and issues for further research
9.9 References must be cited in the text, and all written in English (reference lists in Thai language must be attached)
- Manuscript components of academic articles
- Content (showing the essence to be presented in sequence)
Use 6th edition of APA citation format (http: //www.wooster .edu / psychology / apa-crib.html)
- In-text citation: use name-year system. Name of the Thai author must be translated into English. And the English author must be written only surname. If there are more than 6 authors, enter the first 6 names followed by et al.
(Jaranai, Kraithaworn, & Piaseu, 2016)
(Chongchareon, Kahawong, Apichato, Sangchandr, Chukumneard, Boonsin et al., 2016)
2.1 General articles: include all authors in Thai and English. You must list up to six authors. If there are more, follow the last author’s name with (et al.) without the parentheses.
Thai references must be translated into English, and put “in Thai” in a parentheses.
Chartbunchachai, W. & Chotklom, P. (2013) Statistic of Patients who use Emergency Medical System (EMS Service) and the Patients who come to Receive Treatment at Emergency Rooms (ER Visit) of the hospitals under Office Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Public Health the fiscal year 2011. Trauma & Critical Care Center, Khon Kaen hospital: (in thai)
Suriyawongpaisarn, P., Srithamrongsawat, S., Hempisut, P., Aueasiriwon, B., Pholpark, A., Wannasri. A., et al., (2013) The Emergency Management System of the Regional Emergency Medical System. Health Insurance System Research Office (HISRO). Health System Research Intitute (HSRI). (in thai)
National Institute of Emergency Medicine. (2014). The gap of Thai Emergency Medicine: Report Emergency Medical Service System 2013. (1st ed.) Bangkok. NP Press
Muangjunburee, P. (2012). Welding Engineering. Songkhla: Educational Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Prince of Songkla University.
2.3 Chapter or selection in a book
Sahieam, C. (2014). Nurse case management for clients with diabetes mellitus. In Sindhu S, Wongrod P. (editor). Case management for clients with diabetes mellitus and hypertension (2nd ed.) (pp.9-46). Bangkok: Wattanakanpim Printting.
Benedyk, J. (2010). Aluminum alloys for lightweight automotive structures. Materials, Design and Manufacturing for Lightweight Vehicles, Woodhead Publishing Series in Composites Science and Engineering, 79-113.
Kraonual, S. (2008). Impacts of the Unrest Situation in the Three Southern Border Provinces on Health Care Service System. Retrieved from https://www.deepsouthwatch.orgsites/default
Inada, K. A. (1995). Buddhist reponse to the nature of human rights. Journal of Buddhist Ethics Retrieved May 21, from https://www.psu.edu/ jbe.html
Siriphan, S. (2011). Development of an Instructional Model Emphasizing Cultural Competency of Nursing Students. A Dissertaion Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy School of Educational Studies Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University. (in thai).
Tarrin Attachariya. (2009). Bayesian Alphas Predictability of the UK matket. Master’s Thesis, Department of Banking and Finance, Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy, Chulalongkorn University (in thai).
2.6 Journal article
Sangnimitchaikul, W. (2012). Student-centered learning: A case study of Instructional model in the nursing care of children and adolescents course at the faculty of Nursing, Thammasat University. Journal of Nursing and Education, 5(2), 64-76.
Manuscript submission guidelines
- Prepare the manuscript file following the journal instructions.
- Register to the website https://www.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/pnujr/login. Follow the instructions for using the ThaiJO system (for Author).
- Author Register (User does not have Username and Password in ThaiJO system)
Check submission status (accept / reject) via e-mail.
Postal mail submission
Download the relevant documents at the website. https://journal.pnu.ac.th
Send a hard copy of manuscript to the following postal address:
Associate Professor Dr. Siriphan Siriphan (Editor-in-Chief)
Journal Editorial Board, 3rd Floor
Office of Chancellor Building
Princess of Naradhiwas University
99 Moo 8, Khok Kian, Muang, Narathiwat 96000
Journal Unit (Mrs. Piyanuch Wajanasiri or Miss Sumseeyah Chesamoh)
Tel 073-709-030 ext. 1161, Fax 073-709-030 ext. 1173
Mobile phone 09-3604-3247 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org