About the Journal
The scope of the journal covers the following main topic areas:
- Food science and technology
- Food engineering
- Product development
- Quality assurance
- Food safety
- Applied bioscience focusing on biotechnology, applied biology, bioactive compounds, ingredients, nutrition, nutraceuticals, nanoscience, waste treatment, and utilization and high value-added food by-products
- Product quality and shelf life
- Process efficiency and emerging technologies
- Consumer research
- Agri-food business
- Agro-industrial management
Peer review Process: Review Process
The manuscript submitted to the Journal undergoes a thorough and rigorous peer-review process. Final acceptance for all manuscripts is based on quality, impact, and originality of research. The aim of the whole review process is to complete within 2-3 months. To expedite the review process, authors have to suggest at least three potential reviewers with full contact details and email addresses for their manuscript. Suggested reviewers should not be passed or present research collaborators of any of the authors and should not be from the authors' host institutions. The Editor's decision is independent of these suggestions and is final.
Manuscript review is undertaken in the following steps:
- Each manuscript undergoes an initial internal editorial review to ensure that the manuscript meets the scope and the style of the Journal. The authors are notified of the outcome within 3-7 days of manuscript submission.
- On passing the internal editorial review, the manuscripts are sent to 3-4 independent expert reviewers.
- Once all referees have returned their reports, a decision to accept, reject or revise a manuscript is made based on the referees' comments and the editorial judgment.
- If applicable the authors have conveyed the reviewers' comments and asked to answer any criticisms. In the case of substantial criticisms by a referee, the article may be sent back to the concerned referee for a second review.
- Best efforts are made to evaluate arguments given by the referees and the authors before reaching a final decision which rests with the Editor and is made as rapidly as possible.
- After acceptance, the proof version is edited and sent to the corresponding author to confirm the proofed article within 1 week
Types of articles : 1) Food Processing and Engineering
2) Food Chemistry, Nutrition, and Analysis
3) Food Product Development, Sensory, and Consumer Research
4) Food Biotechnology, Microbiology and Food Safety & Quality
5) Food Packaging, Food Laws & Regulations, Food Policy, etc.
Language : English / Thai
Publication Frequency : Issue 1: January - April (Every 25th day of April)
Issue 2: May-August (Every 25th day of August)
Issue 3: September - December (Every 25th day of December)
Publisher : Faculty of Agro-Industry, Chiang Mai University
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.